The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is the world’s most popular electric guitar at a price anyone can afford, each made to the same specs and attention to detail as vintage Les Pauls. Available in Ebony, Faded Cherry Sunburst, Metallic Gold, Pelham Blue with Epiphone designed Alnico Classic™ humbuckers and Grover® machine heads.
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard has a solid Mahogany body and Maple top for the same classic tone that helped to make the Les Paul the world’s most popular solid body electric guitar. All Epiphone Les Pauls (unlike cheap imitations), feature a 14 degree angled headstock that provides more pressure at the nut for longer sustain and better intonation without the hang-ups caused by "string-tree" gadgets.
The Mahogany neck has an easy-to-play 60s era SlimTaperTM-D profile with a 24.75” scale length, 22 medium jumbo frets, a Pau Ferro fingerboard with Trapezoid inlays, and a 12” fingerboard radius. The body and fingerboard have cream binding and the Epiphone “clipped ear” headstock has the Les Paul signature in gold silkprint along with the Epiphone logo in pearloid. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is available in Ebony, Faded Cherry Sunburst, Metallic Gold, and Pelham Blue color finishes.
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is powered by two Alnico Classic™ humbuckers with Alnico-V magnets, which provide a slightly higher output than vintage pickups and also have enhanced mids and highs. Each pickup has a Volume and Tone control with vintage-styled Amber 'Top Hats" knobs plus Epiphone’s all-metal 3-way pickup selector switch.
Epiphone Alnico Classics utilize a double vacuum waxing process that ensures you quiet operation free from microphonic hum. The pickup is first placed in a specialized wax vacuuming system before the cover is placed on the unit to ensure that the wax fully penetrates to the very center of the pickup and solidifies all parts.
After the cover is placed on, the pickup is given a second vacuum wax bath until the unit is completely saturated. Epiphone uses only the highest quality parts for our pickups including ABS plastic bobbins, 1010 Cold Rolled Steel pole shoes and pole screws, Alnico magnets and the finest magnet wire available.
All Epiphone Les Paul Standards feature the nickel LockTone™ Bridge and Stopbar Tailpiece combo that now has an updated patent pending design that auto-locks the bridge and tailpiece in place with no tools needed. The Les Paul Standard also comes with Epiphone’s proprietary ¼” non-rotating output jack with cream jack plate with an improved contact shape and heavy-duty spring steel. Tuning is fast and accurate with Grover® machine heads with an 18:1 tuning ratio.
Like every Epiphone, the Les Paul Standard features a Limited Lifetime Warranty backed by world famous 24/7/365 Gibson Customer Service. Visit an Authorized Epiphone Dealer today and add the world’s greatest electric guitar to your collection—the Epiphone Les Paul Standard—to your collection today!
- Classic Les Paul with Mahogany Body and Maple Veneer Top
- Available in Ebony, Faded Cherry Sunburst, Metallic Gold, Pelham Blue
- Epiphone Alnico Classic™ Humbuckers
- Grover™ Machine Heads
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top Material Plain Maple Veneer
- Binding Body Top: 1-Ply; Cream, Fingerboard: 1-Ply; Cream
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint Glued In
- Truss Rod Adjustable
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Pau Ferro with pearloid Trapezoid inlays
- Headstock Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid "Les Paul Model" in Gold silkprint
- Truss Rod 2-Way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover 2-Ply (B/W); "Les Paul Standard" in white silkprint
- Nut Width U-Rite; Cream
- Neck Pickup Epiphone Alnico Classic™ Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup Epiphone Alnico Classic Plus™ Humbucker
- Controls Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, Bridge Pickup Tone
- Knobs Amber 'Top Hats"
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Frets 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece Stopbar
- Nut Width 1-11/16"
- Hardware Nickel
- Machine Heads Grover™ Machine Heads; 18:1 ratio
- Output Jack Epiphone 1/4' Non-Rotating with Cream Jack Plate
- Pickguard 1-Ply; Cream PVC
- Control Covers 1-Ply; Cream PVC
- Strap Buttons Yes; 2