EarthQuaker Devices The Warden Optical Compressor
SKU code: EQD-WAR2
or 4 payments of $84.75 with InfoSold Out
EQD Warden Optical Comp
The Warden is an optical compressor with a feature set usually reserved for studio grade units. Built with high grade components and internally powered by 18v, The Warden has loads of gain and sustain on tap. With complete control over attack, release, sustain and ratio, The Warden will allow everything from a heavy squash with fast attack and release to “barely there” subtle compression. Optical compression has a reputation for having more character than a VCA or FET based compression and The Warden is no exception.
The Warden Control Guide
- Tone - Adjusts how much colour enters your tone. Clockwise for more treble and Counterclockwise for less treble. Flat is roughly 11 o'clock.
- Attack - Controls how quickly The Warden begins to level out the signal. Fully Counterclockwise will have an almost instant attack. Turn Clockwise to slow down the attack.
- Release - This control adjusts how long it takes the signal to return to normal level.
- Level - Controls the overall output level. The Level control is affected by the Ratio and Sustain controls.
- Ratio - This changes the amount of gain reduction on the signal. All the way up is full compression. As you turn the knob down, more of the boosted uncompressed signal blends through.
- Sustain - Controls how hot the signal is, which then changes the dynamics of the compression. The hotter the signal is, the more active the compression will be.
Power - 9V DC Negative Tip. 31mA current draw.
It is highly recommended to use this effect with an isolated power supply, as non-isolated power sources will add unwanted noise to the signal.
Switching - This is a true bypass pedal, but due to the nature of relay based switching The Warden must be powered to pass audio signal.
Size - 121 x 64 x 57 mm
More From This Category
or 4 payments of $29.99 with Info